Finally we are going to see some sunshine! ☀️☀️☀️. We are not complaining about the Rain but it would be awesome is Mother Nature could spread it out a bit! ?
The owner of a house we are about to transform…lives in a beautiful home…and has had a special snake free enclosure for his 2 little dogs, so when they go out they can be protected from wildlife…Sadly they have come home and both dogs were killed from snake bites ?…suspected Eastern Browns…No Matter how diligent and well executed the cages were made and set up 2 poor little pups lost there lives 🙁 It is still unknown how this happened as there was no signs of entry into the cage???? Especially after this rain…Please take care…snakes are still everywhere 🙁 If bitten by one yourself call 000 Immediatley! Do Not Move…a inch! as the venom spreads quicker through your lymphatic system when your muscles move!
Another Issue we find is MOULD. It can be quite dangerous and make you very sick! It loves moisture and the right humid temperature! Especially here in Toowoomba, we are renowned for it…but it can be controlled quite easily and it is something we see here all the time at Paintway.
Mould is an extremely toxic substance caused by trapped moisture in walls and floors. As mould spreads, it gives off spores, which can enter the body and make you sick. Mould sickness is extremely serious and should be treated by a doctor. The early symptoms often look like other sicknesses, so it is important to know what to look for to treat mould sickness correctly. If you have an immune system deficiency, mould sickness will come on faster and harder than it would otherwise.
Beginning Stages ⬅
Short-term and beginning stages of mould sickness can look like a basic cold or allergy attack. This is because mould acts as an irritant in small doses. If you repeatedly receive any of these symptoms after entering a building, that building may have a mould problem. Early symptoms include sneezing, itchy skin, headache, watery and itching eyes and skin irritation.
Later Stages ⬅
If you are in an area that has been contaminated by mould for a long period of time, the following conditions may develop. If you begin to get these symptoms, see your doctor immediately, as they may indicate prolonged exposure to mould. Symptom of the later stages of mold sickness include constant headaches, weight and hair loss, diarrhoea, vomiting, constant fatigue, coughing up blood, chronic bronchitis and sinus infections, sexual dysfunction, short-term memory loss, skin rashes and sores.
Advanced Stages ⬅
Staying in a mould-infested environment for a long period of time can result in these symptoms, which are often the result of not seeing a doctor in time, or choosing to remain in an area with mould, without taking steps to clean it. At this stage, mould sickness may be incurable. These symptoms include blindness, long-term memory loss, bleeding lungs, brain damage, cancer and, in rare cases, death.
How to Treat Mould: The good news is it is very easy to get rid of it…we often have to clean a property before we paint it…if we dont mould can surely eat through. Paintway also use Mould Inhibitor paints which are manufactured especially for wet/moist rooms like the bathrooms. All you need to do is make sure you wear a mask and fill up 1 part bleach and 2 parts water…spray the surface then give a scrub it should be removed straight away. For those stubborn spores let the bleach sit on the affected area’s for 5-10mins.
Winter is also coming and so that is also another big time of the year when mould likes to present itself…Keep these area’s as dry as you can to stop this nasty starting any nasty illness’s.!